Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: All things Maxtoch..

Cheers, Thanks for that I am ordering an MPro then.
    ZeroPak Vacuum Sealers, Zero air Zero waste

I bought my 2x Shooter from huntshop. Good to deal with

A de domed 2X is still the best there is for kicking the darks' arse in my opinion
    Scout likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerman View Post
    A de domed 2X is still the best there is for kicking the darks' arse in my opinion
    I think so to, in this case more is not necessarily better but each to their own .
    rugerman likes this.

yeah Scout, and the problem with "more" light is that it chews through ya batteries even faster and you can't run it for very long at full tit

lots of opinions out there but either way it seems like the Maxtoch brand gets the best rap. It looks like the MPro is right up there with the shooter but in a ligher weight package. I am a little concerned about the amount of weight I strap to my scope, especially on a centefire with recoil.

Oh it's a Archer, my Bad, I thought you were going bigger, should be good !

yeah the Archers are pretty good, I have 1 ( amongst my stack of other Maxtochs ). High output but with only 1 battery it will use them pretty quick on the highest setting. Fine for short bursts and of course you can always carry spare batteries with you. Just make sure you get the Panasonic 3400 or 3500 MAh ones.

I run my 2x shooter on a 45 degree piccatinny mount as I wasn't happy with it on my scope for a few reasons.

Name:  20201017_124003.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  3.42 MB

Name:  20201018_113645.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  6.22 MB
    rugerman likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

that's a cunning plan with the 45 degree mount. Bugger I just set up my new Tikka and could have put a piccatinny on but didn't. So what were your reasons for not wanting the torch attached to the scope. I am wondering if anyone has actually experienced any issues with the direct on the scope mount. I wonder about stress on the scope tube and possible zero shifts. The rifle is a 6.5 Creedmore so pretty mild recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by zeropak View Post
    that's a cunning plan with the 45 degree mount. Bugger I just set up my new Tikka and could have put a piccatinny on but didn't. So what were your reasons for not wanting the torch attached to the scope. I am wondering if anyone has actually experienced any issues with the direct on the scope mount. I wonder about stress on the scope tube and possible zero shifts. The rifle is a 6.5 Creedmore so pretty mild recoil.
    The weight did worry me but saying that never had any issues with it and ran it that way for a fair while, it was more the fact that it made shooting out of the window of my hunting wagon a pita as it just added more stuff to get hung up on getting it out the window for a shot.
    #DANNYCENT

MB
    I had terrible glare from my stainless barrel with the torch mounted on the scope. Now mounted under rifle forend via removable picatinny rail which attaches to the sling stud. Much better.

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    I had terrible glare from my stainless barrel with the torch mounted on the scope. Now mounted under rifle forend via removable picatinny rail which attaches to the sling stud. Much better.
    Have tested this setup in the the dark and no glare, but even if it did that's easy to overcome with some cloth tape or similar or an over barrel suppressor, which will eventually happen when I have completed a couple other projects.
    #DANNYCENT