Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

Like Tree431Likes

Thread: All things Maxtoch..

Maxtoch tell me new LR headlamp should be ready for orders in 2 weeks. Have asked them to add a good carry case etc for it - its a fancy bit of electronic kit and good to look after it. Don't know price etc detail yet.

Also have new order of XPros, Archers, HO1Rs etc on way now..
    R93, Matt2308, spada and 2 others like this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    Maxtoch tell me new LR headlamp should be ready for orders in 2 weeks. Have asked them to add a good carry case etc for it - its a fancy bit of electronic kit and good to look after it. Don't know price etc detail yet.

Also have new order of XPros, Archers, HO1Rs etc on way now..
    Perfect.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    dannyb likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Have made a note of all requests for the new LR lamp so will be in touch with everybody once they're due to arrive.
    R93, 57jl and dannyb like this.

Hi @mudgripz. Can you put me down for 2x HOR1s and 1 x LR

Yep done Bobba. PM sent and will be in touch.

Real treat seeing designs work out. Little M1 Archer a Maxtoch design tuned, tweaked, tested again and again and retweaked by kiwis. Thoroughly enjoying mine. New LR headlamp is all kiwi spec, but Maxtoch techs brilliant at getting these designs into workable form with right circuit boards, reflector geometry etc. They are great at developing CNC models, testing various led/electronic options etc which we'll then field test heaps. LR lamp a very simple light, just one infinitely variable mode switch (like a dimmer), but extremely efficient. Taken 2 years to get it to this stage.

Interesting to see how extremely efficient this tech is now. Andy (257 Weatherby) popped in to pick up a light yesterday, and he brought a headlamp he found very bright - able to light up other side of gullies etc. A useful lamp Brian used some too - a pretty bright one. So ... we tested it against new Maxtoch lights. Couldn't do proper lux test - it was daylight and couldn't do proper 6-10 meter ANSI check. But just put meter up on wall at 3-4 meters to see how lights would compare - a relative measure only..

Andy's bright headlamp 13k
    Maxtoch new LR lamp 60k
    M1 Archer on medium 66k
    M1 Archer on High 105k
    Xpro (1/2 flat batts) 359k

Woooo...!! Comparison shows how much standards have improved, and also - even though the M1 is a very bright little bugger - shows just how much more powerful the XPro spottie is.
    Last edited by mudgripz; 16-07-2019 at 02:50 PM.

My rats tail remote switch on the sniper seems to of packed a sad. The light only stays on for a second or so when I press the stock mounted pressure pad.
    Is it worth fixing, or best to source a replacement?
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

PM sent..
    Pengy likes this.

57JL
    Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    Have made a note of all requests for the new LR lamp so will be in touch with everybody once they're due to arrive.
    cool

MB
    H01R arrived on my birthday. Happy birthday me

Looks good, thanks
    mudgripz and Pengy like this.

Keen to get feedback on the lights - here's a comment Micky Duck just posted on another thread on the little Archer:

"havent had the ARCHER out after game yet...BUT it makes the headlights on the terrano look really sick....even better than the two led spots on bumper...from my front gate anything up street 2-300mtrs well lit up can even see our old house close to a km away...its a light coloured two story...Ive got another led light that will throw light as far...BUT its a pencil beam,bigger than old school dolphin and powered by a 7amphr 6vlt battery...hopeless for FINDING game but good for lighting them up once found...the archer seems to have best of both worlds,enough spread to be usefull but enough grunt in centre to see what your looking at....shits all over my led lenser of same size and the other similar size/battery ultrafire cree..... funny light to use that one,when you zoom right in you get a big square light patch LOL. cant wait to try the wee archer on wallabies or bunnies. "
    Pengy likes this.

Put me down for a Archer when they get here to......
    Pengy likes this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

I've got two left Beaks - PMed you..
    Beaker likes this.

Caretaker
    Mudgripz, I would like to replace my Fenix TK41 with a torch that’s brighter past 500yards, are there many options around ?
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Yes definitely. What you need will depend on your intended purpose - rifle and/or handheld spottie - and your intended shooting range.

Several Maxtochs could cover the task - need to get exact right setup for you. Could be a wee M1 Archer or an XPro Hunter.

Best thing is give me a call in the weekend and we'll sort what's going to work best for you. Pm sent..

Cheers Mike
    7mmsaum and Micky Duck like this.

@mudgripz

Is there a NZ website I can view product and specifications?

Cheers