Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: All things Maxtoch..

Still awaiting Spanners return but can answer some questions:

* The new LR headlamp with approx 550m range not yet in production. All tested, has stamp of approval, but still waiting on dates...

* Re batteries we only use the very best for hi drain Maxtoch lights. That means Maxtoch 3500mAh and these are relabelled Sanyo or Panasonic3500s with Maxtochs own protection board in them . Panasonic owns Sanyo. I will have them available for sale soon. They sometimes retail for $30 each, but you can also see genuine pana 3500s on trademe for about $27pr plus freight = $33. That's a helluva good price. Mine will be a bit less. Very long charge life - like 400-500 recharges - haven't had one of these top batts die yet.

* Runtime for M24, 2X etc: continuous play with 3500s is around 85-90 minutes on max beam. Maybe 120 on medium which is also 1000m. But... when shooting we never have lights on all the time - always on/off for stops, gates, having a yarn, reloading, bragging etc. So in real time we have same experience as Kukuwai - spotlight from the truck 7-11pm and in that time do one batt change. I own three sets of batts and have never run them out in a night.

* Brian (gadgetman) has spares and fixes anything - not sure about the first model (2012) lenses or switches, but certainly all recent lights.

Costs: depends some on Spanners site charge but I can give ideas. These lights used to be available on aliexpress wholesale, but that site lists them now at normal retail. Maxtoch price for performance is about as good as it gets. Led Lenser are $150-700 for lights, and Olight M3X is about $240 normal retail. Led Lenser no comparison at all with Maxtochs - and 2X/XPro etc well beyond the Olight - see post 671 on page 45 in Flashlight Sticky for test comparisons.

Aliexpress retail XPro $260. With set of 21700 batteries, basic charger and mounts around $299. I will better this - in fact better all of it..

Aliexpress price for 2X is $230. With set of 18650s and charger around $250-260

Normal retail for M1 Archer is $90

21700 long lasting batts $54 pair on aliexpress, but will look at round $44pr

18650 batts - looking round $30 pair

New charger plus wall and 2.4A (faster charge) car adaptors will be about $33. Note this charger does both 18650s and the bigger 21700s - most don't.

H01R headlamp about $75. With set of 18650s $100.

Set of good mounts - small picatinny rail for on scope and quick release ring for torch about $25 max pair. Note all Maxtoch torch tubes standard scope ring size - 25mm. Mounts 30mm with 25mm inserts.

No idea on LR headlamp price yet but won't be too dear - maybe $150? unlike the Led Lenser XEO19R at about $500!! Side by side Maxtoch a much small, lighter, vastly superior light.

As soon as Spanners approves I can start to offer site deals and package prices. These WILL cut down above costs - esp if you're buying sets, and with just one freight charge etc..First consignment of XPros and 2Xs due in later this week... M1 Archers and H01Rs, extra chargers/batts coming.

Maxtoch formal warranty is one year, but Brian fixes any that come to him, regardless of age. So as often as not you'll get your buggered torch back with an upgrade for free...

Come in spanner...
    Last edited by mudgripz; 27-05-2019 at 04:33 PM.
    199p, Matt2308, Beaker and 5 others like this.

57JL
    choice don,t forget to lt me know when the headlights turn up

Hi there, please can you tell me if there's a comparison review of the 2X vs. XPro somewhere? Any downsides to the XPro?

Also, I've got a 2X that's not working, how do I get in touch with Gadgetman to ask about getting it repaired?

Aaaand, I'd like to order 2 more torches, probably one 2X and one XPro, but depending on the reply about any downsides/review I might just get two of the 2X's. Do I just keep checking back here to see when they're available or can I put in a pre-order?

Thanks!!!

Send PM to gadgetman on this site - he'll look after your 2X.

There are three long range torches from Maxtoch - the M24 Sniper (360gms loaded and 1100m max), the 2X Shooter (400gms loaded and 1200m), and XPro Hunter (460-505gms loaded depending on 21700s or smaller 18650s batts, and 1400m). M24 and 2X perhaps more suitable for scope mounting than heavier XPro, but all can be dual purpose (scope/handheld). Discernible differences between them.

As to which is best - yes well ... that's easy. After playing with them for ages ... Gadgetman decided the M24 is best, mudz thinks the 2X, and Te Rei likes the XPro. Figure that out .... 2X a safe bet - perhaps best allrounder, XPro def has the legs for longest range shooting. All three have good amount of flood to scan paddocks, plus excellent centre hotspot. Only 2X and XPro available at the mo..

Rach I'll keep a note of your wish for two lights. If you've already got a 2X, then grab an XPro. This will keep Te Rei off my back... And you'll have fun with it - it is one helluva handheld.
    RachA likes this.

Great stuff, thanks!

Yep I'll go with one 2X and one XPro when you have them available please! Looking forward to giving the XPro a try

More pills and Powder!! burtonator's Avatar
    I have a XPro and it’s an awesome piece of kit. One set of batteries lasted all night out with the kids shooting possums
    Very impressed!!
    Life is the art of drawing without an eraser

Yep worth getting a set of the bigger 21700s with any XPro as they do last a long time.

Got that Rach - The Xpros also come with pair of plastic tubes which you insert into torch to hold the slimmer 18650s.
    199p and rugerman like this.

MY favourite is the dedomed 2X.
    Of course I could always use another torch I like the sounds of the Xpro. Any plans to make an uber mega super torch Muddy ? maybe 1 that takes 4 18650s or maybe 4 of the 21700s. I'm thinking mainly for search and rescue or maybe to boil off the fog when ya walking around trying to blind everything in sight

@Spanners @Spanners @Spanners

Sent from my RNE-L22 using Tapatalk
    199p and dannyb like this.

Yes - we are testing ideas all the time... and there is another concept on drawing board...

Bit like a very small and lightweight Lightforce with minimum one mile range - 1600-1700 meters. Might run on 3x18650s in handle but also plugin for when in truck/quad. We'll see
    199p, rugerman, mikee and 3 others like this.

Now all we need is a Spanner In the works

Well mudgripz,you have been busy in the last few days,hope it all works out for you.Just got my pressure switch for my sniper M24,24 days from Amanda free postage.Torch on scope with 2 sets of quick release claps and picantinny rails,solid as on the TX3 308.With beam reducer reflector on the front of the M24,look out roos here im coming.Just gota wait for a mid week calm night now.I use pulsar monoculars for finding game,on a good night identifie deer out to 1200yds,roos 600yds.But all shooting keeped under about 250yds.
    Iv only had the M24 about 3 weeks,so it be interesting shooting a few roos thru it.My other older torch ok to say 250yds,had about 50% of the M24.I let you moon lighters know how I get on.
    gadgetman and Micky Duck like this.

Spanners says he is away for a time. 7mmsaum the man to talk to.. message sent..
    7mmsaum and dannyb like this.

Hurry up mods!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thejavelin View Post
    Awesome, be good dealing with someone local who mucks around with them
    Will you be stocking parts for the older ones?
    Thinking switches and glass....
    @Jthejavelin, I have spares for them. I'm still using one of their originals with a couple of upgrades.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!