Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

Like Tree431Likes

Thread: All things Maxtoch..

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    Yep got that Freddy and R93.

Just unpacking big box full of lights and gear now so will have heap of orders away next day or so. Be in touch with everybody shortly.

M1 Archer parcel due next week, and new headlamp going into production about then. Consignment of new H/Ls maybe end of month? Looking forward to seeing this one - gadget and I toyed with design for 2-3 years...
    Good to hear. All my batteries are flat so I'm hanging out for a new charger!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

waiting patiently.....tick tock tick tock
    mudgripz likes this.

It wont happen over night but it will happen
    And there shall be light...and it will be good
    Micky Duck and kukuwai like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    Attachment 114133

This is photo of the prototype of the new Maxtoch LR headlamp. Production model will be flasher. This headlamp is bigger and heavier than HO1R as it needs much bigger reflector and metal surround to allow for beam throw, and to dissipate heat. Around 290gms? with two protected 18650s in it. Single push button switch front left for on/off, and to operate its infinitely variable mode selection (like a dimmer). Very simple, not too heavy on head, and comes with USB charge cable/plugin - though you''re probably better off with dual charger. My test model about 540 meters range ANSI = down to 1 lumen or equivalent full moonlight on target. HO1R about 80-100 meters - that's a camper light.

No price yet - in production about 10 days time.
    Looks the goods. Can’t wait till a definite price comes out. In the meantime, keep on doing fur and pet food...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    kukuwai and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerman View Post
    It wont happen over night but it will happen
    And there shall be light...and it will be good
    the first is a Rachel Hunter quote...pantene add I believe
    and the 2nd is biblical...maybe ???Moses??Genisis perhaps??? but cant talk about that on here LOL.

haha yeah I was gonna mention the trumpet girl

As for the biblical quote, I'm afraid I've outed myself......Yes I worship the Photon
    mudgripz likes this.

Plenty of orders away today and more tomorrow. Archers here next week - looking forward to testing out that little fart again - pocket size with 800m range

Have good supply of 2Xs, XPro, HO1R, remotes, batts, chargers etc now - let me know what you want.

People asking me now what is the best Maxtoch for all purpose hunting - is it the M24, the 2X or the new XPro? The answer is yep. They're all a bit different, all do the job, and guys who use them alot all have their own preferences. Specs:

* M24 Sniper 270gms, 63mm head, 310k lux, 1100m max, 360gms incl batts. Slim and light, ideal on scope or as spottie.
    * 2X Shooter 310gms, 68mm head, 365k lux, 1200m max, 400gms incl batts. Tad heavier with bit more long range light on target.
    * XPro Hunter 370gms, 78mm head, 490k lux, 1400m max, 460gms (18650s) or 510gms (21700s). Extra clarity and light at longer range.

Gadget likes his M24, I favour a 2X, testman Te Rei likes his XPro. Any will do the job - XPro best when really stretching distances, while other two great if scope use also. M24 very slim, light and a delight to handle. 2X perhaps the in between..

M1 Archer can be used as handheld, but we've got it in here as a small rifle light - esp 22s. Yes its a grunty little bugger - 800m for 3 minutes before it steps down to 575m - but its not comparable with its big brothers as a spottie. Looking forward to my new one..
    Matt2308, Ingrid 51 and dannyb like this.

Just trying to get my head around it. All the above mentioned are handhelds not head lights?

dannyb likes this.

Yep - M24, 2X, XPro all scope/handheld lights. I will try to take a photo of the lights over the weekend..

Then there's little M1 Archer at 145mm long, 135gms, but 1650 lumens, and 800m range. Good for 22, or for any other use as its a wee pocket size. Fraction of the cost of any Led Lenser lights, but its performance vastly superior. I will keep one of these..

Maxtoch only do two headlamps. The little HO1R 80-100m walk/camp light, and the new design LR (540m beam) headlamp which we should have here round end of month.
    tiroatedson and dannyb like this.

1650 lumens!!!!! holy smoke Batman!!!!!! tick tock tick tock

Hey Mudgrips

I will take a new charger please (PM me price).

Also will be keen on new head torch when they are up for grabs
    @gadgetman thanks a whole bunch for that recent work on my torch, minta !! Here's a yarn for you...

Young fella used it the other night, he was pretty excited that it had been "de-domend".

In true 12year old fashion he told everyone about it !! "this torch is so much better", or "ive got my eye in tonight ah!"

Only issue was that he actually out spotted the three adults that were with him and he was the only one not carrying a rifle ?!?

Must have been the torch

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    mudgripz, gadgetman, mikee and 1 others like this.
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

Quick note on runtimes for the little single 18650 battery HO1R headlamp on white beam. Jock (Perazzi) this is for you - and others:

Turbo mode - 1000 lumens = 100 minutes
    High mode - 430 lumens = 5 hours
    Medium mode - 160 lumens = 13 hours 40 minutes
    Low mode - 5 lumens = 73 hours

For normal camp/walking mode you'd be using medium (160Lumens) - so alot of hours on one batt. (Many of the wee headlamps these days like Led Lenser only run to say 220 lumens tops - plenty for camper.)
    With this HO1R make sure you screw on end caps firmly for contact. Set to make contact in last bit of twist - which means you can loosen batt cap to stop lights coming on easily when in pack.
    And remember when charging with usb plugin, red light means charging, blue means charged. When batt low, the front red lights will start blinking.

Quote Originally Posted by kukuwai View Post
    Hey Mudgrips

I will take a new charger please (PM me price).

Also will be keen on new head torch when they are up for grabs
    @gadgetman thanks a whole bunch for that recent work on my torch, minta !! Here's a yarn for you...

Young fella used it the other night, he was pretty excited that it had been "de-domend".

In true 12year old fashion he told everyone about it !! "this torch is so much better", or "ive got my eye in tonight ah!"

Only issue was that he actually out spotted the three adults that were with him and he was the only one not carrying a rifle ?!?

Must have been the torch

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Nothing new there. Hell my wife outspots me when she comes out....

Wirehunt, mudgripz and kukuwai like this.

Can I get a M1 Archer please, may a HO1R

PM inbound
    "The generalist hunter and angler is a well-fed mofo" - Steven Rinella

All good Brent. M1 consignment in customs here now - should have it tomorrow. Will be in touch with all who have ordered. I want one of these for myself too!!

New LR headlamp in production about right now... no idea of price yet.