Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: long range 338 tests

If there is one in the North Island I would go along shoot and give my opinion in comparison to the gunslinger -please let me know when one is on !

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    If there is one in the North Island I would go along shoot and give my opinion in comparison to the gunslinger -please let me know when one is on !
    I will travel to the NI to chase Sika, Rusa or Sambar but not to participate in a pissing contest thanks.
    veitnamcam and Kiwi Greg like this.

I dont believe the contestants have a view they are in a pissing contests as dont the Crusaders when they come north .We enjoy the compitition and obviously make an investment of our time into the sport because we enjoy it and do like to compare our skills or lack of with others , also to learn and be taught by those that have something to offer .The contest certainly offer growth in your shooting ability if you choose to look ,listen and learn .I suppose it would cut a few key board hero's down to size also having to put their balls on the block for all to see .

R93
    I dont believe the contestants have a view they are in a pissing contests as dont the Crusaders when they come north .We enjoy the compitition and obviously make an investment of our time into the sport because we enjoy it and do like to compare our skills or lack of with others , also to learn and be taught by those that have something to offer .The contest certainly offer growth in your shooting ability if you choose to look ,listen and learn .I suppose it would cut a few key board hero's down to size also having to put their balls on the block for all to see .
    I am sure, pretty much everyone on this thread has put their balls on the block as you put it. Keyboard heros? Its all I know of you and you of me mate. Shooting steel is fun but to me hardley a competition.
    F class, which we cannot do in the South Island? to me is a proper LR competition yet does not replicate all my needs in the field. I have however shot in enough competitions across the board to know I am only as good as my last so I dont get to hung up on them. Ill just stick to whats avaliable here in the south island, I think I will enjoy myself a little more. I am suddenly put off coming north except for the hunting.

Dont be put of coming north as there are plenty of friendly people just like me!
    I have a saying R93-hero to zero -zero to hero .As you say your only as good as your last shot 'for that day'.
    I shoot FClass ,in fact I just lost the top dog title this year in my club-hero to zero -maybe next year ill do better

Just been reading through all of this! I'm not into long range, being and old newbie to shooting I'm still working on the shorter stuff. I must say I do like the sound of the Southern/Western SI type of more informal, accessible, and typically grassroots approach. This has proven a fantastic approach in this countries relatively short history and has produced many results where we have excelled well above humble expectations. Hats off to you guys for doing this. Top work!

I remember the first shoot, sent gimp to get carlsons Sat morning and while gone we made a few "adjustments" on his scope........ he spent the first wee while sorting out his "zero" while we pissed ourselves
    If its guns, tits or tyres it's going to cost you lots of money

he was shooting the target next to his, I think it was 30 up and 30 accross, easy to remember
    If its guns, tits or tyres it's going to cost you lots of money

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyman View Post
    I remember the first shoot, sent gimp to get carlsons Sat morning and while gone we made a few "adjustments" on his scope........ he spent the first wee while sorting out his "zero" while we pissed ourselves
    You Bastards! Must of had you's rolling around with sore guts.

Don't ya' just hate it when things get bumped.

No money

From what I heard Norways ticket is paid for or he has a fee?
    No I have never charged anything. Rather h
    ad a bit of expense doing it.

I did however refuse an invitation to come under Shane/ Gunslinger banner as I don't agree with that way of promoting LR shooting. I have a different approach to it. Not better, just different. I believe in people not gear.

If you ever hear I charge money please make it clear that I don't.
    Spanners likes this.

Let's be nice. Having choice is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Norway View Post
    Let's be nice. Having choice is nice.
    +1

More achieved in this world by people doing what they can, not bagging those that are doing the same thing differently. Everyone has something to offer and if you are able to accept then everyone wins.

...re-read the thread on a PC (as opposed to mobile). No need to bash anyone for questioning, you could just explain instead. I'm just an opinionated person; there are several ways to go about LR.

Quote Originally Posted by Norway View Post
    ...re-read the thread on a PC (as opposed to mobile). No need to bash anyone for questioning, you could just explain instead. I'm just an opinionated person; there are several ways to go about LR.
    Not sure if this is aimed at me. If so I should explain better. I am saying that the people on here, yourself included, do an amazingly good job of helping each other. If someone accepts help then they get a significant gain. The person that helps also gains with respect, and feels good when they see the effect on the other person/people. I'm saying I agree with you 100%. It is better to help and work together. I enjoy your videos and have found them really useful. A big thanks from me.