Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Long range shooting course

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    On a more serious note, I like what Norway said. It was kind.
    Yeah, Pretty complimentary to NZ hunters and those of you who were lucky enough to shoot with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    Possibly a dumb question but.... do they have wind flags in F-Class ?
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    ????
    Google says "Yes" Greg:

6.9.1 Wind Flag—Wind flags should be displayed at various distances between the firing line and the targets.
    It is recommended that the flags be placed at 200, 500 and 700 yards. It is further recommended that the flag be
    48” by 18” at tip and 12’ in length. This flag will be of two colors, red and yellow.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Norway, if we came to Norway, we would not stand a chance with your women Im guessing. But you clearly do lack a little knowledge of our culture. Your a tall, non disfigured man with a funny accent. Walk into a Dunedin pub at 11:50pm on Saturday and say "Hi, Im from Norway" and you could have VD by Sunday.
    Had many a messy night in Dunners when the only range open in the SI was Waitati. The Cook IIRC was the local STD factory

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    The Cook IIRC was the local STD factory
    -Sure was For the ultimate experience: Did you ever end up stumbling into "KC's"?? It was a dodgy upstairs nightclub on George St (a 4 minute crawl from the Cook).

Universally known as "K-Sleaze" -The dodgy owner used to stand at the top of the stairs giving Lollipops to girls as they came in.....I think I nearly caught HIV from the glassware.

Quote Originally Posted by Norway View Post
    I

My hope is that you'd stop looking to the US motormouths, replace "Norways LR CD" with an updated local version* and put what you already have into an accessible and inclusive system.

(* I'd suggest you divide various topics out to board members, telling them to make 3-10 "childrens book pages" (tons of pics, little text), collect them, put them in order and publish as a pdf.)
    Thats a great Idea Norway ! I tried to start a thread on wind and mirage sometime back, adding ideas of members and other people from around the net others had published or vids or diagrams that were sensible and had been posted .
    Sadly your CD was seen as the be all and end all of wind and I was informed we didn't require anything else and the thread turned in to a shit fight LOL so good to see you promoting the idea of a NZ collections of info I ll support that .
    Most things in shooting are mechanical getting the basics right the only one that has a little bit of je ne sais quoi is wind - Wind is exciting and for ever changing

My CD is outdated

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    -Sure was For the ultimate experience: Did you ever end up stumbling into "KC's"?? It was a dodgy upstairs nightclub on George St (a 4 minute crawl from the Cook).

Universally known as "K-Sleaze" -The dodgy owner used to stand at the top of the stairs giving Lollipops to girls as they came in.....I think I nearly caught HIV from the glassware.
    No I dont think I did James. I actually liked Dunners, very nice town and seemed to have less agro in the pubs as some places I have been.
    I reckon no one makes a lollie pop look more inviting than Salma Hayek does in the film Dogma.

Interesting developmet

My hope is that you'd stop looking to the US motormouths, replace "Norways LR CD" with an updated local version* and put what you already have into an accessible and inclusive system.

(* I'd suggest you divide various topics out to board members, telling them to make 3-10 "childrens book pages" (tons of pics, little text), collect them, put them in order and publish as a pdf.)

I have actually written up something similar to this, a basic "everything" guide to LR. Hesitant to post it as I have no "credentials" I can point to.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    No I dont think I did James. I actually liked Dunners, very nice town and seemed to have less agro in the pubs as some places I have been.
    I reckon no one makes a lollie pop look more inviting than Salma Hayek does in the film Dogma.
    ..you didn't miss anything that wouldn't be fixed by a dose of antibiotics

Dunners was great. Nice atmosphere in general. And very little agro in the pubs. -I ended up working security in bars for my last 3 yrs as a student there, it was pretty stress-free and usually more funny than agro.
    Then I moved to Chch, and couldn't believe the agro/violence, you would have thought it was a different country- not 4 hrs up the road.

As for Selma Hayek- I hear you. I could probably watch her talk for hours...on mute.

My CD is outdated
    I'm pleased you said it.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

KC's is closed now

Thankfully.

Were they still doing "$1 Doubles nights" when you were there?

I think someone decided that it was illegal.

I have no credentials either. Go for it stooopid! If you want it done, do it. Someone always has to do the breachand get things started, that is the way of things.

If you can do by example people will listen. I suggest you stay away from the subject reloading ;D