Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

Like Tree785Likes

Thread: Various Knives

These four Heavy Hunters as a set that are away to my agent in the US for names to be engraved on the blades and then on shipped to the customer. Hickory burl over CB Buffalo horn bolster on the 1075 HC blades in the edge stamped sheaths.

Micky Duck and ROKTOY like this.

These three are ready to go. A PH EDC with yellow cedar burl over curve backed brass, a bull nosed skinner with customer supplied warthog tusk over curve backed brass and the EDC Khukuri with buffalo horn over brass.

Finished this one today. A Lion knife with Camel bone handles over black G10 liners and a buffalo horn bolster on the 1095 blade with tapered tang in closed sheath

Check out this link to see why it is called the lion knife
    https://www.africahunting.com/thread...n-knife.28385/
    Micky Duck likes this.

wonderful tale indeed...another one ol Wilbur has pinched and changed a little like so many others to make a good book even better.
    Von Gruff Knives likes this.

A Tahr Hunter with bufalo horn bolster and pomel over the deer antler handle with spine jimping on the 1095 HC blade in standard sheath with edge stamping.

Doon and pilbara like this.

A pair of Light Hunters for a father and son. Both with flat back buffalo horn bolsters and with one having spalted maple burl and the other having hickory burl handles on the 1084 blades. Sheaths with attached honing steels.

Tahr, chainsaw, Micky Duck and 1 others like this.

These two headiing off as prizes for a youth hunting comp. May be another two going with them if I get them done in time,.
    Small game knife with Maple burl on the NitroV SS blade and a mini skinner withbuffalo horn on the 1084 carbon steel blade.

This Wapiti hunter with Oak over buffalo horn will wander round the Scotish Highlands

Micky Duck, Doon and CBH Australia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Gruff Knives View Post
    These two headiing off as prizes for a youth hunting comp. May be another two going with them if I get them done in time,.
    Small game knife with Maple burl on the NitroV SS blade and a mini skinner withbuffalo horn on the 1084 carbon steel blade.

These I really like.
    Von Gruff Knives likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Gruff Knives View Post
    A pair of Light Hunters for a father and son. Both with flat back buffalo horn bolsters and with one having spalted maple burl and the other having hickory burl handles on the 1084 blades. Sheaths with attached honing steels.

Can I buy a couple of those small steels separately ?

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD View Post
    Can I buy a couple of those small steels separately ?
    I have only got a few left and need to keep them in case of incoming orders but I will have to make another batch very soon and then of course I can do something for you then.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Two for neighbours kitchens.
    the General purpose kitchen knife is what my wife uses most and a good friend of hers wanted one. A handle of Dyed Karelian Birch sets it off nicely with the gold flecs of undyed wood highlighting the green. A 5 inch Cryo quenched NitroV Stainles blade and one in trade with another neighbour has brass bolster, blue G10 liners under the impala jigged buffalo horn handle on the 7 1/2 inch cryo quenched NitroV Chef knife.

Have got a new design done that will cover the small knife/EDC hunter needs* that was mentioned on a hunt forum*.
    It is the Chamois Hunter with 3 1/2 inch 1084 blade and this prototype has Rosewood handles over orange G10 spacers and brass bolster. I used orange G10 pins in the handle.

with the chamois Hunter,*a Bird and trout with camel bone handles on the NitroV ss blade, this makes the second pair for the youth hunt comp.

Western Hunter with yellow cedar burl over CB brass bolster in closed top sheath. The light causes the strange look to the closed top on the sheath but it is the same hot waxed texture as the rest of the leather.

Tahr, Dreamer, Scouser and 2 others like this.