Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

Like Tree797Likes

Thread: TV3 & Guncity mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Nah it looks like the mole on my mother in laws ........

good to have you back mate !
    199p and Tommy like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    if that is the case then I guess they ain't"fit and proper" anymore, I foresee license revocations in the future (at least I hope that's what happens cause it would have already happened if it were you or I)
    An interesting one is this.
    A little story...
    In very recent times, a "mate" and his wife decided that she should apply for a FAL so that she could join hubby on the odd occasion and have her own rifle. On hearing about this, I very quietly, after discussing it with my other half, had a word with the local firearms officer. I told him that the person in question had a history of suicidal tendancies and had been treated for such, so I was a tad concerned about her having a FAL. Ok, so she could most likely have accessed her hubbys firearms anyway, but that aint the point.
    He thanked me for my concern, but in the event, was unable to act on the info due to the husband and wife both answering a big fat NO to her having received any physcho treatment.
    She got her FAL
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    An interesting one is this.
    A little story...
    In very recent times, a "mate" and his wife decided that she should apply for a FAL so that she could join hubby on the odd occasion and have her own rifle. On hearing about this, I very quietly, after discussing it with my other half, had a word with the local firearms officer. I told him that the person in question had a history of suicidal tendancies and had been treated for such, so I was a tad concerned about her having a FAL. Ok, so she could most likely have accessed her hubbys firearms anyway, but that aint the point.
    He thanked me for my concern, but in the event, was unable to act on the info due to the husband and wife both answering a big fat NO to her having received any physcho treatment.
    She got her FAL
    So they can't cross check for mental health issues/treatment/history? That's sobering

I see Greg O'Connor is stepping down.

Noticed the suggestions of having firearms sent a police station or gun shop for collection, that won't stop those that send it direct to the buyer, it will only affect the ones that follow the rules.
    Maca49 and timattalon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I see Greg O'Connor is stepping down.
    Labour list 2017, guaranteed

On a pleasant note, if the aim for this story was to boost the ratings for the poor excuse for a tv show they are running, last nights episode had around 25k less viewers then average according to Heather du Plessis-Allan gun controversy fails to help TV3's Story ratings | Stuff.co.nz
    veitnamcam, Maca49, Woody and 1 others like this.

^ That's very pleasing to see.

I think the average NZer is over this type of journalism, bad when they think they are about the law, and especially if the police agree!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Yep I'm also suspecting police help?
    There have been allegations that O'Conner may have been the one helping them. Possibly looking to have a legacy before he steps down. If that is the case (and I actually hope that it is not the case) I would expect him to be charged with "conspiracy to commit"

I think a lot of what O'Conner says makes sense and respect the effort he puts in to keep the police members safe from harm. I'm just not sure that this case showed good judgement.

NZPA president Greg O'Connor to stand down - National - NZ Herald News

Well we will have to watch that SOB lets hope he doesn't make Politician, unfortunately Greg O'Connor will use criminality as an excuse to introduce the laws he wants.

I'm sending a mail order form tomorrow, well GC are only accepting forms emailed from police. I spoke to the arms officer who said that it isn't law to do that but GC company policy. The fun thing for me will be seeing how long it takes for the scan an email task to be done as it's not a part if an officers job to be a secretary.

Sent from my workbench
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

On a side note did anyone else spot the manual.

My wife asked me what a "SPROTING" rifle is used for. Quality translation skills there........I sh_t you not, it says S.P.R.O.T.I.N.G RIFLE on the front of the manual.......
    veitnamcam likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    I think the average NZer is over this type of journalism, bad when they think they are about the law, and especially if the police agree!
    Maca, take a note of every article on the news tonight (any channel) and then sit back and analyse the content. I can almost guarantee you that there won't be any actual news worthy articles in amongst it.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

northdude
    I think tv is mosty desighned to dumb the audience down and it works
    veitnamcam, Woody and Steve123 like this.