Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

Like Tree797Likes

Thread: TV3 & Guncity mistake

Quote Originally Posted by smidey View Post
    I'm sending a mail order form tomorrow, well GC are only accepting forms emailed from police. I spoke to the arms officer who said that it isn't law to do that but GC company policy. The fun thing for me will be seeing how long it takes for the scan an email task to be done as it's not a part if an officers job to be a secretary.

Sent from my workbench
    The local cop shop here has been scanning and sending them the last few years. I love it!, its so friggin simple and one less thing I have to do. they're pretty quick at doing it too surprisingly!

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    good to have you back mate !
    All Kudos to our young friend departed. His words of wisdom resonated.
    jakewire, mikee and shift14 like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

watched the crazy cow with lips like a piece of gashed meat ,and he mate the slobbering fatguts last night .very smarmy about how"they "revealed the loophole and kept the police informed .and how its seems so legit,blahblah.
    oops cow ya forgot to inform the viewers that the auckland cops have you under investigation.
    the singular sobering thing they addressed is the worrying habit of some slack couriers dropping firearms on frontdoorsteps and just leaving them there ,apparently even if its a signature required case sometimes.that i do agree with.
    Oconnor stepping doqwn -well where theres smoke theres fire Greg and it seems to further your wee agenda youve shit in your own nest!
    the other thought i have is wtf if these two were so concerned ,why not speak with INSP.Joe Green of PNHQ as he oversees all fireams matters does he not .
    oh dear conclusion another bit of tabloid journalism by a couple of ex parliamentary press gallery bottom dwelling sewerage suckers!

Be interesting to make a complaint to the Broadcasting Standard(?) in that they haven't shown a fair and unbiased view. They neglected to say that they faked the details of a Police Officer to fool Guncity. They said they did not take the form to the Police this implies that the form was not filled in by Police and makes it seem that Guncity accepted a form that had not been authorised by Police. They also claim to have made up a firearms licence number. This implies they put down any old random number, how Guncity claims to have checked the number and it was valid, so they either know the system by how the Firearms numbers are generated or they actually used a real number.
    Maca49 and Beetroot like this.

Gun city has been a target for a few years and been the biggest supplier of firearms, all it takes is little issue over some stupid reporter to stuff things up for the rest of us
    Silly thing is, she a hopeless reporter trying to make a name for herself .

I have decided that we live in a very sad time if people think that most of the other people that live in their society are all that dishonest that they are wiling to do things like fraud and impersonating a member of the police to obtain something they are unlawfully allowed.
    Thirdguy likes this.

Sooner or later we'll be able to trade gear through a smart phone application, exchange QR codes job done.
    Then all the unpleasant trust issues and paperwork can be put behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    Be interesting to make a complaint to the Broadcasting Standard(?) in that they haven't shown a fair and unbiased view. They neglected to say that they faked the details of a Police Officer to fool Guncity. They said they did not take the form to the Police this implies that the form was not filled in by Police and makes it seem that Guncity accepted a form that had not been authorised by Police. They also claim to have made up a firearms licence number. This implies they put down any old random number, how Guncity claims to have checked the number and it was valid, so they either know the system by how the Firearms numbers are generated or they actually used a real number.
    The BSA is a farce and a sick joke. Some associates and I have taken them to task over bullshit spread through TV news in past programs; (in those cases the issue was about misleading information which supported 1080 poison use) and after 6 months of correspondence going almost to the Courts, the BSA admitted that in law, the media journalists comments and news stories were only ever to be considered as "OPINIONS", and not to be taken as FACT. While we were on the point of taking NZBC to court over misinformation, as well as the perpetrators behind the misleading reports, the admissions by the BSA meant that any such court action would itself be farcical and a waste of the judiciary's time (and our funds) because NZ journalism does not have to represent facts, but only "journalists opinions".

That the NZ Police or government departments, Ministers or other public servants can use the media to "inform" the public (you) via so-called "journalists' when these "non- accuracy rules" apply, is a disgrace and something the NZ public is largely unaware of and government should be ashamed of. Oh, I forgot, the government is run by politicians!
    Do journalists try to run politicians???
    veitnamcam likes this.

i presume that imperonating a police officer is still an offence?
    did anyone note that when guncity rang twice a guy took the calls?
    if this was you or i we,d still be smarting from the shafting the old bill would be subjecting us to.
    done and signed.looks like quite a few yarpies might be in for some comeupppance quite soon
    what are the odds of her random licence number bieng real given she,d of have to known the licence prefix for a start then pick a random number.methinks thier pet licence holder may have more to do with this than meets the eye.
    john cambell is an example of what happens to good journo,s who embarass politicians to much so i guess that helped pull the others in line.
    Last edited by gsp follower; 23-10-2015 at 01:22 PM.
    jackson21 likes this.

So why no charges as yet! I think the next guy that deceases a scum bag should be able to use the same excuse?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    i presume that imperonating a police officer is still an offence?
    did anyone note that when guncity rang twice a guy took the calls?
    if this was you or i we,d still be smarting from the shafting the old bill would be subjecting us to.
    done and signed.looks like quite a few yarpies might be in for some comeupppance quite soon
    what are the odds of her random licence number bieng real given she,d of have to known the licence prefix for a start then pick a random number.methinks thier pet licence holder may have more to do with this than meets the eye.
    john cambell is an example of what happens to good journo,s who embarass politicians to much so i guess that helped pull the others in line.
    Picking a random number that just happened to be real after all would have odds similar to Lotto methinks - well at least lower division odds.

Looks like dog turd, smells like dog turd, mmmm tastes like do turd.
    veitnamcam, Maca49 and jackson21 like this.

i wonder if the cop details were real to given to them by old guns under every bed?? occonnor

any way shit show shite stories and short attention span journolism.
    Looks like dog turd, smells like dog turd, mmmm tastes like do turd.]
    maybe untill some bastard trys to chuck your mum out of a home she,s been in 3o plus years or some sack of shit sells you a car that dies the same day then blanks you.
    there are journo,s and journos like very other profession
    Last edited by gsp follower; 23-10-2015 at 03:16 PM.

So the police now fill out there own form and attach the order form to it an email to retailer. As if 9am this morning that is the process so they lady at the cop shop said

Sent from my workbench
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

And supply the purchaser with all your personal details including your email, well that's watertight, a few gangs will love it. They can email you first to see if your going to be at home for the pick up. Where do all the rock heads come from?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

It seems to be the right thing from what I can see. It ensures the verification of the buyer is solid and can't be forged

Sent from my workbench
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.