Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree366Likes

Thread: Warning Distressing and Disturbing Photographs- 1080 Poison

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Excellent news. As you will no doubt know Scribe, Mayor Cooper has long been an opponent of the aerial dropping of 1080 and I hope on this occassion he prevails in bringing this to the forefront of public attention.
    Dougie likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

It angers me to see this sort of crap knowing that two government departments are getting away with such a heinous crime against animals. There are other things I would love to say but could be taken as borderline political discussion which is a no no and I won't go there. I hope one day that the public and the powers that be wake up and smell the coffee and put an end to such an inhumane poison.
    Dougie likes this.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Banned
    What about trying to apeal to peter dunn? after all he was behind deer stalkers standing up against the waro issue!.That was a case of House member vs DOC wasnt it? or am i wrong on that.

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    We have no right to inflict this sort of cruelty on any animal let alone a deer. The haemorrhaging from mouth, nose, eyes and tail end tell of a gruesome tale of suffering over many hours for these animals.

This area is no harder to get at, steep, inaccessible spot where they tell us they have to use 1080 because there is no alternative. This is Hihitahi Forest and it is just a kilometre off the main North South Highway just South of Waioru. I used to live next to and trap this forest and have carried many deer out on my back from this very spot.

Where these deer are were found is in bush gullys surrounded by farmland. So far the searchers have found 10 dead deer and only seven dead possums.

It is an illegal act to target and kill deer with 1080 both DOC/AHB know this. Do they think the law does not apply to them???
    Yes!

Unfortunately those pictures are nothing new to me.I have seen it for myself and need no convincing.
    Likewise a large portion of the public have seen it aswell and need no convincing.
    Unfortunately a much larger proportion of the public dont know/dont want to know/dont care.
    How is it that some kids dressing up ALREADY DEAD HUMANLY KILLED possums makes national news when the SPCA complain about it but this sort of thing never gets a mention.

There seems to be two sorts of farmers in my experience pro AHB and the rest.

The powers that be that the masses elected (not me I voted for change)...........( Care takers take note no party names i dont want this political either.) are trying there best to keep a lid on this mass cruelty and destruction of our native species(as a by kill)

Where the hell is tonka? When I win ridiculous amounts of money on lotto(forever the optimist) I will be paying for prime time adds out of my own pocket to inform the masses about this heinous crime that is being performed everyday in our "clean green country"
    LegaSea likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Got to get this mainstream. Campell Live?

Brodifacoum killed those deer.Either mixed with 1080 or by itself.Unbeilevable they drop that from the air,be a lot of dead birds in there.Along with everything else .

FYI i have a mate that managed a DOC office (central North Island) in an area where 1080 is used often . He is also a very keen hunter and has a hatrid for the stuff.... Acording to him , the pest control board has absolute say over what doc think. His fight against and views on the poison has led to him being "re posted" to a lesser position in nowhere.
    It still amazes me the underhanded tactics going on to keep things hidden.
    In this area a few years ago now 1080 was "accidentaly" droped on private property and the property owners were paid out for stock on the strict condition that mouths were kept shut.

I have just spoken to a friend in the media, cross your fingers guys...

Good Luck Moonhunt

Quote Originally Posted by moonhunt View Post
    I have just spoken to a friend in the media, cross your fingers guys...
    I hope your friend has some sway...........

Banned
    +1

If your taking it to the media you cant take the hunters angle. Been shot down to many times. Animal cruelty will grab the hearts of all those big city folk.
    Dougie likes this.

I will try and hook scribe and co up with them... this could be one big can of worms

that's just awful! I dont much care for Doc or some of the self righteous hippys that work for them
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question