Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree366Likes

Thread: Warning Distressing and Disturbing Photographs- 1080 Poison

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Ohh come on R93 you gotta be taking the piss otherwise you would use real women like Elle McPherson.
    I would Rushy but its meant to bring about awareness of 1080 not please dirty old men with a Milf movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. So please forgive my sausage fingers!!!
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

sturg4
    Name:  100_0827.JPG
Views: 3981
Size:  727.9 KBThe first Sign for best "Anti 1080 Sign Competition

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    How about we run a good sign competition here on the Forum
    That is a good idea Scribe, I will see if my young daughter can whip one up. I am as useless as tits on a bull when it comes to drawing!
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    I would Rushy but its meant to bring about awareness of 1080 not please dirty old men with a Milf movie.
    I resemble that remark!
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I don't want to start a shit fight but all they are is a bunch of pictures of dead deer, there are no signs that they suffered, we can only speculate. To be fair, a deer that has been shot looks a lot worse and that is what the media will look at, and the fact that hunters are mad that they don't get to kill them. They are after all, considered a pest.

Just trying to point out some of the other views you will encounter trying to take this public.

I hear if you vomit blood before you die its a sign of a quick pain free passing.

No-one's mentioned a slightly different angle. What would your average Joe Public make of being shown all the cute little bambi's and rudolph's being poisoned inhumanely? And all the cuddly wee moreporks etc. What about that?

Wouldnt that get the public all fired up?

Hunters cant do this - we shoot them after all !

I still think coming from an animal lover's perspective is better, leave the hunting out of it. Average Joe doesn't understand that you can be both.
    veitnamcam, Pointer and stu#71 like this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

R93
    Who's saying the outrage against 1080 has to come from hunters?
    It could be from anyone concerned about it.
    I think the fact that it is happening would out weigh who brought it to peoples attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. So please forgive my sausage fingers!!!
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

1080 Frequently Asked Questions | Forest and Bird

This is a very quick google search result. There will be many many other websites that are advocating 1080. This makes me sad. The answer to the deer question is comparable to "yeah, it kills deer, but so what?".

Interesting how there is no information on how the poison works and what is happening to the body of the animal while it is dying it's slow, painful death.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Hay scribe ... what is the SPCA view on this?? Would they be intrested in hunter /animal lover financed court action against these cruel people.??? Even if it got nowhere fast surely it would hit the front page of most papers???
    I know i would donate to such a cause and could drum up a lot of other donators.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshotkill View Post
    Hay scribe ... what is the SPCA view on this?? Would they be intrested in hunter /animal lover financed court action against these cruel people.??? Even if it got nowhere fast surely it would hit the front page of most papers???
    I know i would donate to such a cause and could drum up a lot of other donators.
    This is the SPCA stand at the moment.

This is an article in our local newspaper the Peninsula Press December 15 2011

GOVERNMENT GUILTY OF 'RECKLESS' 1080 DEATHS.
    "...effectively 'drift netting'...the forest causing uncounted deaths of both indigenous and introduced species.
    The Government and its agencies can now be prosecuted and fined up tp $350,000 for the suffering and death of animals exposed to 1080.
    New legislation to the Animal welfare Act (AWA) policy earlier this year made it an offence to kill through the reckless use of 1080.
    And with a Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To Animals (SPCA) statement saying that one agency Department Of Conservation (DOC)-are effectively "drift netting the forest" causing untold deaths of both indigenous and introduced species. Legislation has been put into place to stop this widespread 'illegal' suffering of animals.
    Speaking this week Robyn Kippenberger Chief excutive of the SPCA said 'Whilst there is no provision in the AWA 1999 to take action on the poisoning of a pest animal amendments to the legislation in July of this year provide for the reckless ill treatment of any animal................
    The SPCA is is totally opposed to the use of 1080 in the control of deer as death of this species has been shown to be agonising and protracted with significant suffering. It is of deep concern that the Department Of Conservation are using this method to control deer numbers as 1080 is not licensed as a poison to control this species.
    She added that "As 1080 is not species specific, the SPCA is extremely concerned by the by-kill resulting from the application of 1080. it is effectively 'drift netting' of the forest causing uncounted deaths of both indigenous and introducd species
    Irrespective of all arguments on both sides of the 1080 debate scientific evidence proves that most affected animals will die agonising and likely prolonged deaths.

So yes we are hoping for a prosecution this year on "The reckless Misuse Of The Toxin 1080" and we are on standby to help when we are needed. Whether the help that is needed is financial or help in finding the right case to prosecute.
    Dougie likes this.

R93
    That there would have to be the most promising thing I have seen or read in the fight against 1080.
    I hope they can front up.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    That there would have to be the most promising thing I have seen or read in the fight against 1080.
    I hope they can front up.
    +1 on both those accounts.

Sick shit
    THIS IS MY RIFLE, WITHOUT MY RIFLE I AM NOTHING