Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree366Likes

Thread: Warning Distressing and Disturbing Photographs- 1080 Poison

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    Well done 'dougie' I love ya.
    Don't we all
    Dougie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    Prime example of double standards WE are not allowed to use any form of possum trap that is deemed cruel but yet certain departments are allowed to inflict even more inhumane forms of pain to an animal through poisoning and get away with it. HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "They" can get away with using all sorts of inhumane methods......sticky traps for rats mice is but one. Illegal for us tho
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Caretaker
    Could we work with, and support the Graf boys who have already walked a fair way down this path ????

Perhaps they would like to contribute to this thread?
    Dundee and Dougie like this.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    Agreed cam like I said earlier I wish that I could say other stuff I want to say but I wish to remain within the rules of this forum.

To hear that members have had media all willing to do a write up in a national paper is good but why do they want to pull the pin on such an article that needs to be bought to the attention of the non outdoors people. What a good way to keep a truly evil product in supply and use to line the pockets of the shareholders of the company that imports the stuff, that is to keep everyones mouths shut by disallowing knowledge of the true side effects this stuff causes to a dying animal, plus compensating land owners for loss of stock when 1080 has made it onto private land under the agreement of non disclosure of the incident ever happening. Keep pushing the media to get a story out there until you can successfully get an article published by a paper who is not scared to tell the truth.
    Believe me '308' The information that started this thread has been doing a tap dance across the desks of every editor we think might publish the story for a few days now...You would think it was radioactive... they wont touch it.

Well done Chris,I saw the images on facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post
    Could we work with, and support the Graf boys who have already walked a fair way down this path ????

They have put considerable effort into gathering evidence/footage and got a bit of air time but were immediately discredited and phoo hooed as hunters who want more game.
    No doubt they probably have the most comprehensive video library of this atrocity but more air time in this country could just come across as "oh not these pricks whining again'

What we need is a creditable internationally reconised scientist/biologist to take this to the media globally. And no doubt the graf boys could help with this with their extensive footage and local politics knowledge.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post

Hallo '7mm' The graf boys have already contributed to this thread the figures in photo 3 and 9 holding the cameras are the Graf boys.

On there blogsite they do parallel autopsy's on a shot deer and one killed by 1080...Now that is something to see.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    They have put considerable effort into gathering evidence/footage and got a bit of air time but were immediately discredited and phoo hooed as hunters who want more game.
    No doubt they probably have the most comprehensive video library of this atrocity but more air time in this country could just come across as "oh not these pricks whining again'

What we need is a creditable internationally reconised scientist/biologist to take this to the media globally. And no doubt the graf boys could help with this with their extensive footage and local politics knowledge.
    We have some great International Scientists working on the 1080 problem now.

Read here what they have to say 1080science

Caretaker
    Hallo '7mm' The graf boys have already contributed to this thread the figures in photo 3 and 9 holding the cameras are the Graf boys.

On there blogsite they do parallel autopsy's on a shot deer and one killed by 1080...Now that is something to see.
    Thanks Scribe, I have met shorty and talked to them a few times now.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    What you need is a new and enthusiastic reporter...
    veitnamcam likes this.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    What you need is a new and enthusiastic reporter...
    You are right there 'spanners' we never stop hoping that one day the story written by the enthusiastic young reporter makes it across the Editors Desk. Thats why we still do story's.... to be honest there is no lack of interest in the subject from new enthusiastic reporters.

We have some great International Scientists working on the 1080 problem now.

Read here what they have to say 1080science
    I read the one involving the maggot who shalt not be named, The rest will have to wait. Its not new to me and im not the one who needs convincing.
    We just need to work out how to open everyone else's eyes with out being shut down before we get the chance.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    When I win ridiculous amounts of money on lotto(forever the optimist) I will be paying for prime time adds out of my own pocket to inform the masses about this heinous crime that is being performed everyday in our "clean green country"
    Good on ya mate! Hope you win and keep just enough back for a good bottle of single malt as well.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by moonhunt View Post
    I have just spoken to a friend in the media, cross your fingers guys...
    All power to you moonhunt.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

Good luck Scribe and Moonhunt I hope some good will come of it.
    However I think the only way we will bring any real change is to get the international media involved,as much as I hate to say it.
    That would bring some real pressure to bear on our government (whoever that may be) to stop using this weapon of mass destruction and cruelty. If it got hyped up enough it would really hurt our tourism(unfortunately) reputation and revenue. And that they will have to listen to. They wont listen to their people.
    That idea coupled with the idea that Chris had to put on facebook are worth pursuing.