Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree366Likes

Thread: Warning Distressing and Disturbing Photographs- 1080 Poison

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by moonhunt View Post
    I will try and hook scribe and co up with them... this could be one big can of worms
    Hi 'moonhunt'..... I am up for it... I have a cupboard full of stuff some of it my worse than what has been put up today.

I dont want to dishearten anybody but we have been to this place with the Editors of most of the major papers before but they always pull the pin on a story in the end.

I will answer your PM now.

R93
    I have a good mate in the media circles as well and he wont touch it because of some of the reasons mentioned.
    Hes all good in my books, and thanks to him I got to take a very pretty young lady for a flap around the southern alps and later a wee walk where she seen her first deer being shot and dressed, she even gave a hand gutting IIRC.
    She is now a regular on TV1 news.
    It is too political and theres way too much money involved for anyone that can make a difference to stick there neck on the line. Bloody shame really.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Banned
    Well i reckon Peter dunn would have a look! hes pro hunting and outdoors.

Neckshot as much as I would like to agree/disagree with you this is not the place for it and this thread must survive!
    No politics remember!
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Banned
    rito i hear ya

What a horrific way to die ,there is nothing remotely humane about it .

I wonder if these photo's etc could be posted on Face Book & made public .
    Might be a good media to expose the facts about 1080 .
    Given how many people round the world use FB

R93
    I would love to hack into a popular travel site, promoting a clean green NZ and chuck a few pics, vids and commentry.
    It just needs a larger audience. I reckon 1080 use will actually die a slow death, I just hope to see it soon.

Good luck Scribe and Moonhunt I hope some good will come of it.
    However I think the only way we will bring any real change is to get the international media involved,as much as I hate to say it.
    That would bring some real pressure to bear on our government (whoever that may be) to stop using this weapon of mass destruction and cruelty. If it got hyped up enough it would really hurt our tourism(unfortunately) reputation and revenue. And that they will have to listen to. They wont listen to their people.

Im not on face book but by all means try, I bet you get shut down for whatever the word is........... "unsavory" pictures.
    If enough people constantly post em on face book I guess face book themselves and everyone else would have to take notice.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Thats bullshit. We always suspected the reason they werent behind deer repellant was because they didnt mind deer being by-kills but to actually target them with a poison they know kills deer terribly slowly is just criminal. The SPCA just charged that trapper for using the wrong sized traps, they should step up on this.
    In the Dom Post today

Possum Trapper was convicted and fined $300 plus $353 costs for using illegal leg hold traps.

Judge Hastings said despite possums being a pest there was still the obligation to treat them humanely......

Well what do you think of that then????.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    What a horrific way to die ,there is nothing remotely humane about it .

I wonder if these photo's etc could be posted on Face Book & made public .
    Might be a good media to expose the facts about 1080 .
    Given how many people round the world use FB
    Facebook already done - I have a personal page as well as a 'military' page (I was not allowed to have subordinates as social media 'friends' so made a persona of my rank into a page) and have already had many friends share the link to this thread.

Over 500 military mates have seen the link.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Facebook already done - I have a personal page as well as a 'military' page (I was not allowed to have subordinates as social media 'friends' so made a persona of my rank into a page) and have already had many friends share the link to this thread.

Over 500 military mates have seen the link.
    Well done 'dougie' I love ya.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Neckshot as much as I would like to agree/disagree with you this is not the place for it and this thread must survive!
    No politics remember!
    Agreed cam like I said earlier I wish that I could say other stuff I want to say but I wish to remain within the rules of this forum.

I dont want to dishearten anybody but we have been to this place with the Editors of most of the major papers before but they always pull the pin on a story in the end.
    To hear that members have had media all willing to do a write up in a national paper is good but why do they want to pull the pin on such an article that needs to be bought to the attention of the non outdoors people. What a good way to keep a truly evil product in supply and use to line the pockets of the shareholders of the company that imports the stuff, that is to keep everyones mouths shut by disallowing knowledge of the true side effects this stuff causes to a dying animal, plus compensating land owners for loss of stock when 1080 has made it onto private land under the agreement of non disclosure of the incident ever happening. Keep pushing the media to get a story out there until you can successfully get an article published by a paper who is not scared to tell the truth.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Couple on my face book page now too .

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    In the Dom Post today

Possum Trapper was convicted and fined $300 plus $353 costs for using illegal leg hold traps.

Judge Hastings said despite possums being a pest there was still the obligation to treat them humanely......

Well what do you think of that then????.
    Prime example of double standards WE are not allowed to use any form of possum trap that is deemed cruel but yet certain departments are allowed to inflict even more inhumane forms of pain to an animal through poisoning and get away with it. HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals