Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree366Likes

Thread: Warning Distressing and Disturbing Photographs- 1080 Poison

How would it go if large roadside billboards were produced depicting photos such as those above in this thread of the heamorhaging suffered by the deer before they die, and placed around the country, especially on popular tourist routes (probably have to be placed on concenting farmland or such) to bring pressure on the government by bringing this horror to the attention of one of the big income earners for New Zealand. In a similar way that the Drink Driving or Speeding billboards bring attention to road deaths. Or the graphic pictures on the backs of cigarette packets bring attention to cancer caused by smoking.
    This may overcome the medias lack of willingness to get involved in 1080 matters.

R93
    A heap of signs about 1080 were erected by land owners from Hokitika to Haast a year or 3 back.
    All sorts of problems arose about sign size and regs by the regional council.
    Heaps had to be removed the day after they were put up.
    It seems there is always an answer for those that are pro 1080 and they get their way and pretty quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. So please forgive my sausage fingers!!!
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    A heap of signs about 1080 were erected by land owners from Hokitika to Haast a year or 3 back.
    All sorts of problems arose about sign size and regs by the regional council.
    Heaps had to be removed the day after they were put up.
    It seems there is always an answer for those that are pro 1080 and they get their way and pretty quick.
    If a group up in Auckland can erect a certain sign saying that the cure for cancer is... "not the current norm", then we should be able to erect anti 1080 billboards. Just have to thoroughly go through the regulations first, and make sure the whole thing is above board.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by 12pointer View Post
    How would it go if large roadside billboards were produced depicting photos such as those above in this thread of the heamorhaging suffered by the deer before they die, and placed around the country, especially on popular tourist routes (probably have to be placed on concenting farmland or such) to bring pressure on the government by bringing this horror to the attention of one of the big income earners for New Zealand. In a similar way that the Drink Driving or Speeding billboards bring attention to road deaths. Or the graphic pictures on the backs of cigarette packets bring attention to cancer caused by smoking.
    This may overcome the medias lack of willingness to get involved in 1080 matters.
    Now there is an idea 12pointer. Even something more subtle like these to add a bit of variety and not always be so graphic.
    Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  65.3 KBName:  1.jpg
Views: 1793
Size:  55.5 KB
    Dougie likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Taking a lead from the Drive Driving campaign, I'd say it either has to be funny enough to go viral (which is remarkably difficult to achieve), or graphic enough to stay in their minds. The pics at the start of this thread should suffice for that.

How bout this?
    People prepared to get arrested. Set a date and organise protests at MP's offices. This will require time, communication and fully dedicated people to drive it. Then at each office a nominated person dumps a box of dead animals on the counter of the office. And gets arrested and makes the news. A dozen people getting arrested on the same day for protesting 1080 is guaranteed to get it in the face of every single kiwi. Then you keep it up until you win.
    I know I lot of you care very passionately about this subject as do I, but take it from a former activist, bar a few exceptions the fight fot this cause so far has been pathetic.

Hey Josh and R93, interesting replies about how the pro 1080 lobby having the answers. Seems funny how in the paddock next to my house is a billboard sized sign advertising the local pub (2km further on) which is errected on private land and obviously thats not classed as distracting or illegal because it's been there for years. Its probably 25 odd metres into the paddock so maybe that is far a enough into the private land to not be affected by any regs or bylaws.
    Be interesting to suss the legalities in placing some graphic signs to stick it to the narrow minded uncomprimising government(s) we have.

sturg4
    How about we run a good sign competition here on the Forum..I guarantee a good prize for it.

My own sign is 2 metres off the ground and measures 1x3 by 900 and is 3 metres off the edge of the tarseal. Its right on the main tourist route and you would be amazed how many people stop and take a photo of it.

I had a sign up in the same place that said 'Bugger 1080' but some old bird found it offensive so I had to take it down.

This sign has been up for nearly 5 months and though the Council has had a look at it they said I had a right to protest and so it stayed.

Show us your signs folks.

Can we see a picture, Scribe?
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Can we see a picture, Scribe?
    If I could get my sign to fit in the scanner you might.. But I have the problem of reducing a photo to fit the forum max.

Here are some of the signs in the Coromandel..Someone made a good calender out of them.Name:  2012-08-07-1600-05.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  592.7 KB

R93
    I think I have a sure fire way to hit a rather large audience.
    I will reluctantly undertake this task as it will require a huge sacrifice and I couldnt really expect anyone else to do it.

I have decided to participate in a celebrity orgy with Katey Perry, Salma Hayek, Mila Kunis and Emily Browning.
    It could last for days and be very taxing on me. Of course it will be taped in the best possible HD.
    We can then upload it to the net to be watched for free, but in order to view it, it will be preceded by a decent anti 1080 clip.
    7mmsaum has also volunteered to do a celeb movie with Danny Devito, Whoopi Goldberg and Steve Bucsemi. He wants Whoopi to do most of the camera work?!?

Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Caretaker
    Just for the record, Danny and Steve rang me.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    I think I have a sure fire way to hit a rather large audience.
    I will reluctantly undertake this task as it will require a huge sacrifice and I couldnt really expect anyone else to do it.

I have decided to participate in a celebrity orgy with Katey Perry, Salma Hayek, Mila Kunis and Emily Browning.
    It could last for days and be very taxing on me. Of course it will be taped in the best possible HD.
    We can then upload it to the net to be watched for free, but in order to view it, it will be preceded by a decent anti 1080 clip.
    7mmsaum has also volunteered to do a celeb movie with Danny Devito, Whoopi Goldberg and Steve Bucsemi. He wants Whoopi to do most of the camera work?!?

Ohh come on R93 you gotta be taking the piss otherwise you would use real women like Elle McPherson.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

sturg4
    Thats funny 'dougie' I worked with Suisted in the Wanganui National Park monitoring 1080 drops when he was with Landcare Research.

I havnt seen this sight before but 5 of the signs he has photographed are ones that I have had up at my place over the last couple of years. He hasnt got my new one up yet though.

Mine were the 'bugger 1080'... '41% of Kea killed in South Island 1080 drop'... '1080 DOC Poisoned Paradise'....'1080 Kills All'...'1080% Pure New Zealand"