Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: The WORST Firearm You Ever Owned

Caretaker

The WORST Firearm You Ever Owned

"i think a lot has to do with what your expectations are for what you paid"

Thats a whole 'nother conversation, this thread is about "the worst firearm you have ever owned"
    I can pay $500 for a year old sako and it still be "the worst firearm i have ever owned", but i bet you it wont be

Could be a sauer, sako, blaser, annie, cooper, custom rifle -anything

Just so happens the budget models don't seem to be enhancing the majority of users outdoor experiences.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post
    "i think a lot has to do with what your expectations are for what you paid"

Thats a whole 'nother conversation, this thread is about "the worst firearm you have ever owned"
    I can pay $500 for a year old sako and it still be "the worst firearm i have ever owned", but i bet you it wont be

Could be a sauer, sako, blaser, annie, cooper, custom rifle -anything

Just so happens the budget models don't seem to be enhancing the majority of users outdoor experiences.
    I've been lucky and always got way better than expected for what I paid. The $100 Norinco JW would be the tops of that list followed closely by the Zastava 223. Still fondly recall my targets being spied upon at the range and being approached by another very serious shooter to see what mega expensive target rifle I'd been using. He was shocked to find it was a $100 Norinco with a 4x32 on top.
    Steve123 likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Yip, the Marlins have a terrible trigger too but at least they're accurate.
    not once you get them tidied up or put in a yo dave kit!
    then they are just accurate!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Quote Originally Posted by 6mm ackley View Post
    Mine is about 30 years old must be a real good one groups 1 inch at 100 and never had any issues loves CCI and WIN subs, bunnies don't
    can you please take a photo of your group at 100.
    would love to see a 10 22 that can do that!

Savage1 and rockland like this.

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    i think a lot has to do with what your expectations are for what you paid
    hmm I don't agree entirely about that as have bought expensive guns that shoot shit and cheaper that have shot way above expectation

northdude
    Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    hmm I don't agree entirely about that as have bought expensive guns that shoot shit and cheaper that have shot way above expectation

Me to
    Beaker likes this.

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post

That's exactly what he is saying

Great thread - and I find it amusing that my worst have already made the list!

First, a 10/22 that I got sick of missing rabbits as a teenager. Grouped minute of beer box. Ended up wrapping it around a strainer post in frustration.

Second was the parker hale midland in .270, a heavy, inaccurate rattle box. I sold it for $300 making a profit of $50. Best thing I ever did

The worst one I have had was a pos stirling 22 semi. Trademe special . Should have known better but looked the biz in stainless. Wouldnt cycle, shoot straight etc. Pretty much gave it away. Was in complete contrast to one I had earlier that was fine.

Ivor Johnson cycleworks single barrel external hammer .12ga
    firing pin was sharp and would pierce primers,action was loose,forstock fell off if not taped in place
    but in saying all that it shot great and didn't let me down.

Quote Originally Posted by nevereadyfreddy View Post
    The worst one I have had was a pos stirling 22 semi. Trademe special . Should have known better but looked the biz in stainless. Wouldnt cycle, shoot straight etc. Pretty much gave it away. Was in complete contrast to one I had earlier that was fine.
    Agreed, had one of them and was a bit of a lemon, barrel wasnt mounted anywhere near straight on it either, had my scope windage wound right out to hit paper at 50yds.
    Also, had a rossi lever action 30-30 that I bought when I missed my old winchester 94, that was a bit of a lemon also but maybe I was expecting it to be similar to the 94 which it wasnt by a long shot.

For the record, best bargain I ever got in a rifle was my little norinco jw15 rough finish, bore isnt centre in the barrel, but damn those wee rifles can hang with the best of them when it comes to accuracy.
    Pointer, gadgetman and Steve123 like this.

I had a Magnum Research semi auto in 17 HMR: that piece of shit nearly cost me my right eye.
    It would jam every second shot, eject prematurely (hence the near eyesight mishap) and threw an ejector pin, jammed and blew the next shell up on the back of the one jammed in the breach. Took it into the local gunshop who mistakenly contacted the Ruger agent (as it was a clone using the Ruger 10/22 Magnum 9 shot Rotary Mag) and they were very interested as to its origin. Anything semi auto in 17 HMR I will piss on sooner than shouldering it. This rifle looked the business, but was a complete POS and was unusable. I was better off chucking my boots at the intended target.
    Taff likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickoli View Post
    I had a Magnum Research semi auto in 17 HMR: that piece of shit nearly cost me my right eye.
    It would jam every second shot, eject prematurely (hence the near eyesight mishap) and threw an ejector pin, jammed and blew the next shell up on the back of the one jammed in the breach. Took it into the local gunshop who mistakenly contacted the Ruger agent (as it was a clone using the Ruger 10/22 Magnum 9 shot Rotary Mag) and they were very interested as to its origin. Anything semi auto in 17 HMR I will piss on sooner than shouldering it. This rifle looked the business, but was a complete POS and was unusable. I was better off chucking my boots at the intended target.
    Damn that ain't cool, unreliable and inaccurate is one thing, unsafe is quite another
    Skatieguy likes this.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    I'm not a hater, I see some beauty in all the guns I've had.

Just like women - some are pigs, some are just completely useless, some ya wish you could just return & others you wish ya never'ed fingered in the first place, but they're all special in their own way
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!