Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

Like Tree263Likes

Thread: Pointer and Setter Trials

Quote Originally Posted by EeeBees View Post
    Yes, probably...someone who has the bottle to bang the table and say 'righto, lets do it'... Seriously, the spaniel guys have wild game trials on the preserves, so why is the P & S fraternity so reticent about doing so...
    I think there is only one Preserve that the Spaniel folk Trial on in the SI, the rest of the trials are primarily on rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by gqhoon View Post
    Hahaha, how hypocritcal! I recall you running down the Versatile Testing systems without even having seen them, let alone run in them! Oh what a short memory some people have.
    please post those comments as I have always backed the testing systems -please do !!!!you know you have been wrong before .....Hypocrital you say hahahah GQ hypocracy would be you slagging tweed when being the most elegantly tweed dresser in New Zealand hahahah
    Last edited by el borracho; 03-04-2014 at 01:05 PM.
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

I do remember you running down the versatile system aswell, something along the lines of the dogs not being tested against other dogs

Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    please post those comments as I have always backed the testing systems -please do !!!!you know you have been wrong before:
    Here you go then....despite your alleged 'support' of Testing and having never seen or participated in it, you suggest that it is inferior. In actual fact, it is simply different in terms of how people make use of it.

a test without a comp means less
    Hypocrital you say hahahah GQ hypocracy would be you slagging tweed when being the most elegantly tweed dresser in New Zealand hahahah :thumbsup :
    Me wearing tweed has never been in dispute. My offense (and that of others) is from when you say others look like 'ditch diggers' simply because of what they choose wear.
    Pointer likes this.

As I said , I never said the test were not worth it just without a comp I thought they mean less in my opinion ! I should clarify that though! To test and not run against the other dogs to compare what youve tested in a competitive feild seems less impressive to me !Not to say that the dog wont perform perfectly well against other but we will never know will we
    Ditch diggers look like ditch diggers for what they wear ... where yours gripe with that ? does it bump your ego -harden up.The way you write things is like media spin bent and twisted

Petros ,what is it you like about what GQ said exactly ??
    Last edited by el borracho; 03-04-2014 at 01:52 PM.

As I said , I never said the test were not worth it just without a comp I thought they mean less in my opinion ! I should clarify that though! To test and not run against the other dogs to compare what youve tested in a competitive feild seems less impressive to me !Not to say that the dog wont perform perfectly well against other but we will never know will we
    Ditch diggers look like ditch diggers for what they wear ... where yours gripe with that ? does it bump your ego -harden up.The way you write things is like media spin bent and twisted
    The objective of Testing is completely different to Trialing. Just because you don't understand the difference or the objective of Testing, doesnt make it (Testing) or the results from it of lesser value.

your past comments are coming back to bite you brian...... you never got the idea on versatile testing then so I would avoid revisiting it.
    Pointer and gqhoon like this.

lets be clear about this !!! I have always been pro testing -always !!!I do understand it and have always agreed with it just dont think it goes far enough to pit the tested dogs against each other in a competitive feild that shows strengths and weaknesses on the day .Yes Kawhia they are useless points not worth revisiting agreed !!! GQ dont bring them up again please as they serve no purpose other than to cause contention .HAHAH Mind you I do enjoy a little debate now and then lol
    Last edited by el borracho; 03-04-2014 at 02:23 PM.

if you did understand it you wouldn't then put your own opinion in the same paragraph as you still included the wining element.

Petros ,what is it you like about what GQ said exactly ??
    Fucking hell man, keep me out of this....
    FFS... I'll unlike...

I disagree with you on this Kawhia but thats just my opinion .To do a test to see if the dogs does understand is great ! to put him and handler under pressure against others is another story in itself .In saying that only one can ever win but you soon start to get a clear idea how things are coming along -good -bad or ugly . I am a competitor and believe in competition as a positive , is there a reason I dont understand you see compition as not needed ?Even when I ran a GSP years ago we competed trailing -retrieving -pointing live birds .At that stage the testing programes were being talked about and we eventually had the Late Claus ... from Germany come over to cast his opinion .Hats of to the tests I just think you could go further

It doesn't matter how many times you claim to understand the purpose of Testing, or how much you claim to support it, your own comments / opinion on the subject show for all that you clearly do not understand it. I really can't say it any clearer than that.
    stug likes this.

I say this smiling GQ --Yes its very hard to understand -possibly a university degree

One other point I would use to promote the competition is for breeding .The dogs that are mostly likely to be imported and also bred to are the ones that have a consistent family history of winning .I think that is a fair and reasonable reason to breed providing the dog has no physical faults .

Under a trialling system the only way to tell which is a better dog is for the two dogs to compete against each other. Under a testing system you can tell which is better without the dogs ever meeting.