Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

Like Tree268Likes

Thread: AR Thread

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by turner nz View Post
    i'm thinking off ditching my CMMG heavy barrel 16inch 1:9 as its too heavy for what i want, was going to flute it but i wont lose enough weight i don't think, what options would you be looking at ? would like a 16inch as it seems to be a good all round length yes ? and something light weight and in 1:8 theres these barrels on trade me but there 1:7 and chrome lined

AR15 14.5" Carbine Barrel - NEW | Trade Me
    I can do those barrels for $500 outside of trademe
    Will have some 10.5" avail soonish also
    1:7 will shoot anything, MAY have a 1:9 in same contour - would have to look
    steven likes this.

ah i didn't realize it was someone on the forum, cool well from my knowledge that barrel will suit my needs, spanners what brand are those barrels i thought i read CMMG somewhere as Ive had my eye on them a few weeks ? also how much do they weigh ?

They are from the factory unbranded - end up getting a bunch of names on them, but they wont tell us whos due to contractual obligations.
    Would have to put one on the scale to weigh, and i'm away for another month - get my mate to do it when he gets a chance.

will the 10.5s keep the gun over 762mm?

Id like a shorty barrel carbine gas tube set up but im not sure what will happen regarding the buffer and so forth seeing as it is set up currently as a mid length 16 inch barrel. anyone know?

sweet no worries also do you have any front sights that would go with that barrel as i dont currently have one having a bull barrel etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    will the 10.5s keep the gun over 762mm?

Id like a shorty barrel carbine gas tube set up but im not sure what will happen regarding the buffer and so forth seeing as it is set up currently as a mid length 16 inch barrel. anyone know?
    Comes down to what stock you are using for length
    You should be fine with your current spring/buffer combo

sweet no worries also do you have any front sights that would go with that barrel as i dont currently have one having a bull barrel etc.
    No front sights - stopped getting them ages ago as slowest moving item known to man
    I'd expect your gas block to be std 0.750 on your current barrel - would go onto these barrels no probs.
    If you plan to use an optic at all, flag the idea of a front sight. PITA

If you end up buying another barrel, let me know if you want to sell the bull barrel.
    I have a mate looking for one with gas block etc

gutted just checked CMMG site and bull barrel is .936 at the gas ports so i'll need to get a gas block too, are they expensive ?

gutted just checked CMMG site and bull barrel is .936 at the gas ports so i'll need to get a gas block too, are they expensive ?
    a 16" barrel thats 0.936 at the gas port?? thats FUCKING BULLSHIT
    Dunno where you got it from but sounds like someone dumping rubbish stock that cant sell - prob started life as a 20" bull and was cut??? as only a retard would deliberately make them that way to start with
    Completely pointless and useless configuration

that's very heavy

hmmm well heres the link spanners have a look for yourself http://www.cmmginc.com/Articles.asp?ID=266 maybe i read it wrong but dont think so as i read it again.

It's a retarded barrel but I'm sure it's factory, there are a lot of very stupid factory rifles.

just used the digital calipers on the end of the barrel after the gas block and it measured 0.915

Bull barrels are .936 at the gas block. DPMS, CCMG, Double Star etc all make them like that in 16" lengths.
    Yep thay are heavy, but nothing retarded about their accuracy. The DMPS ones I've seen shoot way better than the chrome lined pencil barrels I've seen too.

Please sell me your retarded CMMG bull barrel!!!